The Setup Coordinator is responsible for the setup of Conference Center rooms and other facilities for meetings at the Center and reports to the Event Manager for The Center for Healthy Communities. The Setup Specialist will work closely with the Conference Center Operations team to assure the smooth operations of the Conference Center and is responsible for the upkeep of Center furnishings and storage areas.
- Set up furnishings in rooms for meetings and training.
- Manage Meeting Matrix program and work with Event Coordinator to create diagrams and room charts for events
- Responsible for organization and upkeep of Center storage rooms.
- Responsible for the maintenance of furniture and other non-electronic Center equipment.
- Assure cleanliness of all Center facilities.
- Maintain high-level customer service standards.
- Participate in weekly Conference Center team meetings.
- Versed in all Conference Center responsibilities including Audio/Visual set-up.
- Perform any Conference Center task as necessary.
- Assure the smooth logistical operation of the Conference Center.
- Assist in basic A/V setups.
- Assist the Conference Center Administrative Assistant with signage.
- Responsible for coordinating set up and break downs with Events Manager (porter staff) when necessary.
- Department’s day to day liaison with custodial staff
- Responsible for inventory of all Center Equipment.
- 2 years in the hospitality industry or relevant field.
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Familiarity with hotel or conference center setup processes.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Bilingual fluency is a plus.
- High School or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of experience in hotel or conference center or janitorial experience.
- Experience working with teams.
- Physical strength to carry and move furniture.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org
Interested candidates should send their resume by email to HRResumes@calendow.org. Please reference “Setup Coordinator” in the subject line.
The California Endowment is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.