Position: Sr. Investment Analyst
Reporting to the Director, Public Markets, the Senior Investment Analyst will support the Endowment’s investment program in long equity, fixed income, and hedge fund asset classes, as well as perform certain administrative functions.
- Manager Analysis
- Assist with the analysis and due diligence of prospective 3rd party investment managers.
- Conduct analysis related to existing investment managers and develop recommendations.
- Prepare for manager meetings, participate in meetings, and document meeting notes.
- Assist with the preparation of investment memorandums.
- Keep abreast of the manager universe and develop peer contacts.
- Conduct research on an ad-hoc basis.
- Risk Management
- Compile asset class exposures and monitor.
- Provide input into the asset allocation process.
- Monitor manager liquidity and inform team of liquidity events.
- Assist with preparation of monthly performance reports and quarterly Board materials.
- Reconcile monthly manager activity and assist with audit process.
- Facilitate cash movements.
- Maintain relationships with custodian, other third party vendors, and internal departments.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Undergraduate degree, with 2-5 years experience in investments or related field.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org.
Application Process: Please email your resume to HRresumes@calendow.org