Position: Temporary Senior Administrative Assistant, Learning & Evaluation – Los Angeles
This is a fulltime, benefitted, project based (Affordable Care Act) position expected to conclude around March 2020. This is a project specific, at-will position, based in Los Angeles. If hired, the applicant will remain in this project based role and be ineligible to apply for other internal job openings until either the completion of the original assignment or until an earlier date deemed appropriate by Human Resources and management.
The Senior Administrative Assistant works independently to provide complex, comprehensive and sometimes confidential administrative support to senior leadership and program managers. Performs comprehensive duties specific to the assigned department function.
- Answers the telephone promptly, responds to inquiries and requests for information, provides assistance or directs calls to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Reads and responds to incoming correspondence and prepares outgoing communications.
- Manages the flow of information from multiple sources into the department or departments; prioritizes and delegates activities, coordinates responses and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained at all times.
- Maintains calendars and synchronizes with master department calendar as needed; makes necessary arrangements for appointments, meetings, seminars, conferences or travel in a timely manner.
- Routinely schedules appointments and other events, notifying all participants in a timely manner.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares and processes expense reports.
- Provides logistical support to meetings and other events to ensure successful outcomes; locates meeting sites and arranges catering, audiovisual and other room/meeting requirements, may provide other meeting support such as agenda and materials preparation, attend meetings and record and distribute minutes or other meeting documentation.
- Accurately enters and updates data and maintains the integrity of relevant databases.
- Edits and types a variety of correspondence, memos and check requisitions and effectively composes other routine correspondence.
- Gathers and synthesizes data and prepares complex reports including charts, graphs and tables for review and approval.
- Monitors supply levels and maintains adequate inventory to ensure maximum productivity.
- Creates and maintains functional filing systems (electronic and hard copy).
- In the absence of leadership, exercises initiative and judgement in responding to customer concerns (both internal and external) or, if unable to assist, promptly refers to the appropriate party or department and follows up to ensure problem resolution.
- Assists and supports special projects as assigned.
- Sends out the link to apply for grants to potential grantees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in electronic scheduling, travel arrangements and reimbursement processes.
- Experience in setting up webinars and video conferencing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor Degree a plus
Three to five years administrative support experience in a multitask, deadline-oriented environment; preferably in grant making, nonprofit or related institution.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org
Interested candidates should send their resume by email to HRResumes@calendow.org. Please reference “Temporary Senior Administrative Assistant – L & E” in the subject line.
The California Endowment is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.