The Audio-Visual Technician is responsible for the setup, operation, and maintenance of all computer and audio-visual equipment in The Center for Healthy Communities “CHC” conference centers (Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento), and reports to the Senior Events Manager. He/she will work closely with the Information Technology Department of The Endowment to maintain operations of electronics and computer systems. He/she will design equipment upgrades and oversee the maintenance contract. This position will work closely with the CHC team to advise and assist all conference center users with AV needs and schedule use of all equipment. This position will work closely with clients to ensure that all audio-visual needs are met. He/she will implement CHC policies and procedures and revise and/or establish AV use policies as needed. The Audio-Visual Technician will execute tasks while maintaining exceptional customer service.
- Design and coordinate A/V upgrade construction projects across three locations.
- Manage A/V contract across sites.
- Versed in all CHC responsibilities including reservations, A/V and setup.
- Actively participate in the CHC LA team weekly meeting.
- Lead CHC Oakland and Sacramento weekly AV meeting.
- Versed in best practices standards of A/V equipment and practices for clients with disabilities.
- Develop, implement and evaluate room A/V equipment setup, transition and striking processes.
- Set up and strike A/V equipment for all events.
- Have familiarity with and understanding of the latest audio, video, display, electronic control, switching/interfacing and distribution technologies.
- Support and assist Endowment staff, guests, and clients by developing information and design strategies; recommending media selection, format, and presentation style for meetings and events.
- Assist in the selection of media equipment by identifying communications requirements; defining specifications; soliciting and evaluating vendors and services.
- Train and support Endowment staff and guests where necessary in usage of CHC A/V equipment.
- Assure that guest A/V needs comply with CHC policies.
- Implement and maintain CHC A/V inventory, maintenance, and repair logs.
- Responsible for all A/V tours and rehearsals for CHC A/V needs.
- Maintain all CHC equipment, including A/V equipment and public accessed computer and Business Center equipment.
- Works with Endowment IT Dept. on videoconferencing technology and any IT/AV crossover pertaining to CHC
- Responsible for organization and upkeep of CHC AV booths and storage spaces.
- Maintain exceptional customer service standards.
- 5 years of experience working with AV equipment and computer systems in a direct customer service capacity.
- 3 years of experience coordinating vendor and internal staff relationships
- Knowledge of networks and other IT-related operations.
- Experience in and use of sound, video and recording equipment.
- High standard of neatness and organization of all A/V equipment and records.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information with clarity to users of varying A/V knowledge.
- Ability to support CHC team and A/V users with urgency, flexibility, and tact.
- Exercises The Endowment’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all contact with staff and clients.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Spanish language fluency a plus.
- High-School degree.
- Professional degree in IT or A/V Systems management.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org.
Interested candidates should send their resume by email to HRResumes@calendow.org. Please reference “Audio/Visual Technician” in the subject line.