Position: Senior Administrative Assistant, Center for Healthy Communities – Oakland
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support for conference center staff.
- Answers the telephone promptly and courteously, provides assistance or accurately records messages and delivers to the appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Reads and routes incoming mail and prepares outgoing correspondence and packages.
- Manages the flow of information into and out of the office and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained at all times.
- Maintains calendars and synchronizes with master department calendar as needed; makes necessary arrangements for appointments, meetings, seminars, conferences or travel in a timely manner.
- Routinely schedules appointments and other events, notifying all participants in a timely manner.
- Makes travel arrangements and prepares and processes expense reports.
- Provides logistical support to meetings and other events to ensure successful outcomes; locates meeting sites and arranges catering, audiovisual and other room/meeting requirements, may provide other meeting support such as agenda and materials preparation, attend meeting and record and distribute minutes or other meeting documentation.
- Accurately enters and updates data and maintains the integrity of relevant databases.
- Edits and types a variety of correspondence, memos and checks requisitions and effectively composes other routine correspondence.
- Compiles and completes reports with charts, graphs, tables and presentations for review and approval.
- Monitors supply levels and maintains adequate inventory to ensure maximum productivity.
- Creates and maintains functional filing systems (electronic and hard copy).
- Assists in managing check-in and directional needs for all conferences at the Center.
- Assists in giving tours of the Facility
- Works with Events Coordinators on event set up and break down.
- Works closely with the Events Coordinator to ensure that the business center is maintained and staffed at all times.
- Processes requests for conference space and maintains reservation log
- Manages all check requests for conference center.
- Assists and supports special projects as assigned.
- Exercises The Endowment’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion in all contact with staff and clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in electronic scheduling, travel arrangements and reimbursement processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- 5 – 7 years administrative support experience in a multi-task, deadline oriented environment; preferably in grant making, nonprofit, or related institution.
About The California Endowment
The California Endowment, a private, statewide health foundation, was established in 1996 to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, The Endowment has regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. The Endowment challenges the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. The Endowment believes that health happens in neighborhoods, schools, and with prevention. For more information, visit The Endowment’s Web site at www.calendow.org
Please submit your resume to HRresumes@calendow.org. Please reference “Sr. Administrative Assistant in the subject line.