Nestled in the heart of the downtown district just blocks from the California State Capitol, the Sacramento conference center lies in the hub of California history.
Guests of the facility enjoy convenient access to the Capitol building, which was completed in 1874 and serves as both a museum and California’s working seat of government.
Capitol Park, featuring nearly 150 buildings, memorials and points of interest, offers ample green space. Nearby Old Sacramento State Historic Park is a National Historic Landmark that was the western terminus of the Pony Express, the first transcontinental railroad, and the transcontinental telegraph. Located in California’s epicenter of discourse and changemaking, the Sacramento venue is host to leaders and advocates coming together to develop solutions to shared challenges.download CHC VEnue Guide
Due to demand, it is recommended that requests for space be submitted as far ahead as the schedules below allow. A minimum of 10 days’ notice is required. Please note that venues are not available evenings or weekends.
Recurring events3 bookings may be reserved at any given time
Quarterly events2 bookings may be reserved at any given time
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Closed alternating Fridays.
How to Make a Reservation
Please feel free to contact your venue to confirm availability before applying online. You will receive a response within 10 business days. If your request is approved, a contract and refundable room deposit will be required. A Center Events Coordinator will then assist you with all arrangements for your meeting.
The Center for Healthy Communities is currently closed until further notice in an effort to stem the spread of COVID-19.
Step 1: Apply online
Fill out our online application to let us know your desired room, date, and time. Please feel free to contact your venue to confirm availability before applying online.
Step 2: Waiting for approval
You will receive a response within 10 business days.
Step 3: Sign contract, pay room deposit, and make arrangements
If your request is approved, a contract and refundable room deposit will be required and a Center Events Coordinator will then assist you with all arrangements for your meeting.
Click on the floor plan to see a description of each room, including photos, diagrams, and available resources. Conference Center staff can assist in identifying the best room for your event.Download Floor Plan
The Center for Healthy Communities offers an array of the latest audio visual equipment free of charge. Center staff is available for setup, initial guidance, and troubleshooting.
If dedicated tech support or equipment exceeding Center inventory is required for your meeting, please speak with your Event Coordinator about the possibility of contracting your own services. Wireless Internet access is available.
- PC Inputs
- Wireless laptop display
- Wireless Microphones
- Distributed Audio
- Blu-ray / DVD
- Audio and Video conferencing
- Cloud-based Audio and Video recording
Residence Inn at Capitol Park – MarriottAcross the street 1121 15th St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Sheraton Grand.3 Miles away 1230 “J” St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
The Citizen Hotel.5 Miles 926 “J” St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
From the North Lake Tahoe / Nevada City / Grass Valley Area:
- Take I-80 West to I-5 South Take the J Street exit toward Downtown Stay on J Street and turn right on 15th Street Turn right on L Street Turn right on 14th Street
From the South Lake Tahoe / Placerville Area:
- Take Highway 50 West Take the 16th Street exit Turn right at 16th Street Turn left at L Street Turn right on 14th Street
From the Redding Area:
- Take I-5 South Take the J Street exit toward Downtown Stay on J Street and turn right on 15th Street Turn right on L Street Turn right on 14th Street
From the Stockton Area:
- Take I-5 North Take the J Street exit toward Downtown Stay on J Street and turn right on 15th Street Turn right on L Street Turn right on 14th Street
From the San Francisco Area:
- Take I-80 East to I-5 North Take the J Street exit toward Downtown Stay on J Street and turn right on 15th Street Turn right on L Street Turn right on 14th Street
From Sacramento International Airport:
- Take I-5 South Take J street exit Turn right onto 15th Street Turn right onto L Street Turn right on 14th Street
From Amtrak (20 minute walk)
- Turn left onto I street (toward 5th Street) Turn right onto 5 Street Turn left onto J Street Turn right onto 15th Street Turn right onto K Street (Our building will be on left hand side)
Sacramento Public Transportation: www.sacrt.com
The Meeting Place does not provide parking. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis across the street at Capitol Centre parking garage or the Capitol Garage for an hourly fee. Additional parking may also be found in surrounding buildings or on the street for an hourly fee.
Capitol Garage (Next to Capitol Centre)
1500 K Street
Rates: each 20 minutes = $2.00 Hourly: $6.00 Daily max of $24.00 Exact change and all major credit cards
Capitol Centre (Next to Capitol Garage)
1520 K Street
Rates: each 30 minutes = $1.75 Hourly: $6.00 Daily max of $24 Credit card only
1414 I St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
Flat rate: $10 2 blocks away; exact change and all major credit cards
Conference Center Use Policies
Use of The Center for Healthy Communities venues are open to the following eligible organizations:
- Nonprofit organizations that are exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and are classified as “not a private foundation” under Section 509(a)
- Independent, sponsored projects of a nonprofit Section 501(c)(3) organization acting as a fiscal sponsor
- Government and public agencies
The following types of events may not be held at The Center for Healthy Communities:
- Commercial Events: The Center for Healthy Communities may not be used for any profit-making activities.
- Fundraising Events: The Center for Healthy Communities may not be used for any fundraising events, including but not limited to, selling merchandise or other items related to the event and/or raffles.
- Political Events: The Center for Healthy Communities may not be used for events that promote political campaigns, influence the outcome of public elections, carry on, directly or indirectly, voter registration drives, attempt to influence legislation or engage in lobbying, or promote or engage in any partisan electoral activity.
- Private or Family Events: The Center for Healthy Communities may not be used for any private events such as weddings, birthdays, or other family celebrations.
- Religious Events: The Center for Healthy Communities may not be used for proselytizing or for events whose primary focus is religious worship and instruction. Faith-based organizations whose efforts fit within The Endowment’s goals are welcome to use The Center for Healthy Communities.
Conference center facilities are designed to include the full participation and enjoyment of people with physical disabilities as well as those who are not fluent in English.
Meeting rooms and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. A list of recommended interpreters for most commonly used languages in California is available upon request.
At The Center for Healthy Communities Los Angeles and Sacramento, assisted listening devices are available for the deaf and hearing impaired, and simultaneous interpretation equipment is available in some rooms.
Wine and beer (no spirits) may be served with a meal or catered reception as long as there are no events taking place within the facility involving youth under the legal drinking age.
Organizations wanting to serve alcohol at events must obtain permission from The Center for Healthy Communities Events Manager at the time of booking.
Guide dogs and assistance animals for people with disabilities are permitted in The Center for Healthy Communities but must be on leash at all times and muzzled, if necessary.
No other animals are permitted.
Use of cell phones is restricted to the lobby and outdoor areas to minimize disruption to meetings and working staff.
A security deposit is required. Deposits will be returned within a reasonable time following your event, provided no equipment or facility damage was incurred. Deposits may be submitted and kept on file for frequent requesters.
Fees for Event Admission
Organizations using The Center for Healthy Communities may only charge an admission or meeting fee to cover such direct meeting costs as materials, speaker fees or catering.
Organizations using The Center for Healthy Communities may solicit additional outside philanthropic sponsorship solely to cover direct expenses of events.
The Center for Healthy Communities prohibits sponsorship by alcohol or tobacco-related companies. Corporate sponsorship requires special permission by the Events Manager.
Smoking is prohibited in all areas of The Center for Healthy Communities.
Any media presence requires approval of The California Endowment’s Communications and Public Affairs Department. Users must notify conference center staff if they are inviting or expect news media.
Users are strongly encouraged to distribute information about available modes of public transportation to their guests and to arrange carpools.
Business support: The Center for Healthy Communities staff can only assist with limited photocopying, sending of faxes and access to telephones. Users should bring adequate materials and staff to support their events.
Technical support: Staff is available to help with initial guidance and setup of audiovisual equipment.
Set up support: Room set ups and breakdowns as arranged with your Event Coordinator will be managed and executed by The Center for Healthy Communities staff. Porters are also available to help unload and set up items.
Venue is convenient to public transportation and public parking lots.
The Center for Healthy Communities must be notified of cancellation a minimum of three (3) business days (per The California Endowment’s 9/80 schedule) before the scheduled date of an event to avoid forfeiture of the room deposit. Repeated cancellations may result in loss of all future access to the venue’s services.
Ready to Make a Reservation?
Reserve online, or give us a call to double check our availability using the contact information here.