The Matching Gifts program reinforces The California Endowment’s mission by encouraging members of the Board of Directors and employees to contribute to qualifying charitable organizations.
The California Endowment matches individual contributions of $25 or more by donating three dollars for every one dollar contributed by participants to eligible charitable organizations. An eligible organization’s mission statement must include “health” or have a specific program related to health in California that is consistent with The California Endowment’s mission.
The California Endowment’s mission is to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians.
For more information on The California Endowment’s Matching Gifts program, select the appropriate link below:
UNDER THE PROGRAM, THE FOLLOWING INDIVIDUALS QUALIFY AS ELIGIBLE:
- Members of The California Endowment’s Board of Directors
- Employees of The California Endowment
- Non-Directors Committee Members
UNDER THE PROGRAM, ELIGIBLE ORGANIZATIONS MUST MEET ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Charitable organizations whose mission statement includes “health” or has a specific program related to health, whose purpose is consistent with The California Endowment’s mission—to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians
- Must be recognized by the United States I.R.S. as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and a specific impact to California must exist.
The organization’s mission statement shall be verified by the eligible Participant prior to applying for the Matching Gifts.
The California Endowment will match tax-deductible contributions made by an eligible participant in cash, check, or credit card to an Eligible Organization ranging from a minimum of $25 to a maximum of $25,000. Three dollars will be matched to every dollar contributed.
The “minimum” refers to a contribution to a single eligible Organization within The California Endowment’s fiscal year, and the “maximum” refers to the aggregate contribution to one or more eligible Organizations within The California Endowment’s fiscal year. Any non-deductible portion of a contribution will not be matched.
The California Endowment’s funds may not be used:
- To carry on propaganda, or otherwise attempt to influence any legislation (within the meaning of Code Section 4945(d)(1);
- To influence the outcome of any specific public election or to carry on, directly or indirectly, any voter registration drive (within the meaning of Code Section 4945(d)(2);
- To make any grant which does not comply with the requirements of Code Section 4945(d)(3) or (4);
- For any purpose other than one specified in Code Section 170(c)(2)(B); and
- For fees for any services resulting in substantial personal benefit including membership, alumni dues, subscriptions or tickets to events or dinners.
For questions or comments on the Matching Gifts program, please contact: