Youth Award Winners 2020
Across the state, young people are standing at the frontlines, taking action, and leading conversations to create lasting change that will lead to a more equitable and healthy future. To recognize and celebrate the young changemakers and youth-allied organizations that have made a tremendous impact on improving the health of their communities and across the state of California, The California Endowment created the Youth Awards in 2018. Now in 2020, we are pleased to announce our second cohort of Youth Awards winners.
This year, we received over 200 incredibly worthy nominees. After a difficult deliberation process, the 2020 Youth Awards winners were chosen by the Selection Committee – composed of three President’s Youth Council members, three 2018 Youth Awards winners, and nine adult civic leaders – for embodying the values of leadership, innovation, sustainability, and impact. A complete list of the award winners can be found below.
We will be hosting a virtual event from 6-8pm PT on December 9th to recognize this amazing cohort of winners and celebrate youth power. Please join us in congratulating each of the winners and attending the virtual celebration; you can RSVP here.
2020 Youth Awards Winners
Voices for Change Award Winners (By Issue Category)
- Education: Mya Edwards-Peña
- Ending Mass Incarceration: Peter Elias
- Environmental Justice: Kimberly Amaya
- Immigration: Jennifer Lico
- Inclusive Community Development: Bernadette Lim
- LGBTQ & Gender Justice: Chiqui Diaz
Community Power Partner Award Winners
- Youth-Led: California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance
- Adult Ally-Led: Somos Familia Valle
Brandon Harrison Visionary Award Winner
- Brandon Harrison Visionary Award Winner: Daniel Mendoza